Search
Filters
Close

What is the primary inductance of the XSM15K/15K?

Posted: 7 years ago Quote #494
Like the title asks, what is the primary inductance of the XSM15K/15K? Secondly, just to confirm, the XSM series are not rated for DC current and the laminations are butt gapped, right?
Posted: 7 years ago Quote #503
I am sorry., we do not keep the inductance for the XSM on file. They are not rated for DC current and are not butt stacked.
Brian Weston
Tech Support
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
Posted: 7 years ago Quote #504
Hi,

I've seen projects using these as interstage transformers with a small tube in push-pull, hence cancelling the DC offset in the primary windings. But tube balance must be perfect.

Cheers!

*edit*

IIRC, they used the WSM...
-= Gregg =-
www.classicvalve.ca
Posted: 7 years ago Quote #506
The XSM15K/10K and XSM15K/15K show as being in stock. Is it possible to grab one of each and measure them? This would be very useful information that could added to the on-line specifications. It would also go a long way in determining which one is best suited for my project.

I already see the XSM10K/10K has a specification of 25H. That's not quite enough for what I need, so would really like to know about the XSM15K/10K and XSM15K/15K.

Rgs, John
Posted: 7 years ago Quote #507
Brian Weston wrote:
They are not rated for DC current and are not butt stacked.

How are the laminations arranged? Are the I's and E's alternated like you would stack a core for a push-pull transformer?
Posted: 7 years ago Quote #508
Yes, they are stacked the same as the push-pull cores. They are interleaved.
Brian Weston
Tech Support
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #982
I have used edcor SE OPTs and am quite pleased with them. The XSM line matching transformers look like a real possibility for a para-feed interstage transformer/phase splitter but without some idea of primary inductance it is very hard to know what the real response will be or to design the surrounding circuitry. Obviously the inductance will largely determine the in circuit bass response and will generate a resonance with the para-feed coupling capacitor.