Search
Filters
Close

CXPP100-MS-10-K

Posted: 5 years ago Quote #622
I'm building a large class A amp and was wondering what the max dc current rating is for the referenced transformer.

Thanks
Jason
Posted: 5 years ago Quote #623
The CXPP series are not designed to handle DC current. They are inter leaved stacked, not butt stacked needed to handle DC current. That said, the max. DC current would be under 10mA
Brian Weston
Tech Support
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
Posted: 5 years ago Quote #624
That answer is simply not true.  Power supply is DC current.  Tubes are biased at DC current.  When you feed the power supply through the center tap of a push-pull transformer you are supplying DC current to the transformer.  I guess maybe I should reword my question.  How much DC bias current can the primary winding wire handle per side (per tube) at the primary's maximum voltage rating? I don't want to flash fry the primary winding by simply turning the amp on.  Even Hammond supplies max DC per side data for their Push-Pull transformers.  For example the 1650P 6,600CT is rated up to 200 ma DC current per side.

Thanks
Jason
Posted: 5 years ago Quote #627
The total bias current the CXPP100MS10K can handle is 200mA.
Brian Weston
Tech Support
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #857
I am building an 100 WATT Push Pull amp with CXPP100-MS-10K, I bought from you a couple of months ago. I have a some confusions regarding using this OPT. What is the maximum D.C it can handle at its primary from C.T to Plate ? What wire size is used in primary?
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #858
The wire size is 30ga. The maximum (AC+DC) current is 200mA. The max DC would be 100mA.
Brian Weston
Tech Support