Search
Filters
Close

Peerless I/O

Posted: 7 months ago Quote #1047
Has anyone come up with a replacement for the Peerless 16402, and 4651A, which were used in some 1960s equipment by Altec?

I'm not looking for an EXACT profile replacement, but more the transformer specs as I'm scratch building some equipment.  Chassis mount or PCB acceptable.
Frederick Vobbe - Lima OH
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #1049
I am sorry, we do not have any of the specs. If you could get use the specs, we might be able to build them for you.
Brian Weston
Tech Support
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #1050
Brian Weston wrote:
I am sorry, we do not have any of the specs. If you could get use the specs, we might be able to build them for you.

The 4651A is described as “Ratio 1:2.3 CT 15K to 80K CT. Very large 100% Mumetal core and thick Mumetal can. Color coded leads. Can size 45 mm dia 52.5 mm high mounting grommet (Type 1231E) or 2 x M3 holes (Type1231I)”.

The 16402 was described as “23kCT/150+150 ohm output transformer for driving a balanced line from push-pull 6CG7 etc. 100% M6 core for high level capability and low distortion. Twin secondaries for 600/150 ohm outputs. Voltage ratio 12.4CT:1+1 Max dc per side of primary 20 mA.  Supplied with end frames for vertical or horizontal mounting style.

These specs are the typical "can" mounting on a chassis, where the wiring comes out of the bottom, thru a hole, and wires to a hand wired tube chassis.  

I would be more interested in a PCB mount, if possible, which could be soldered to the PCB, and covered with an optional metal shield of your, or my design.  I can work with any profile transformer since it's a new, non authentic build.  Suggestions welcomed.

The schematic shows the circuit.  The transformer for the power supply should be a normally stocked item, isn't it?

Fred
Frederick Vobbe - Lima OH